As school begins all across the country, making sure that your child’s wardrobe is fully equipped for this new school year can be costly, especially if you have multiple children. You don’t have to spend a fortune on children’s clothing however. There are several ways that you can save money on kids clothing this year. Make sure that your kids look this sharp this year still have some money in your wallet.
- Shop at thrift stores: The beauty of children’s clothing is that eventually the child will outgrow them, often meaning a drop off at your local thrift store, which is like striking gold for bargain hunters. Thrift stores often offer current fashion styles for a fraction of the original price. As long as the clothes are in good shape, there is no shame in saving money by buying gently used clothing for your children.
- Going through the clearance rack: Many stores end up over ordering items, which forces them to put items on clearance in order to make room for new stock. Clearance discounts often slash prices by half or more. In most of the country, many stores are starting to make room for cool weather clothing meaning that the prices on summer themed clothes are being slashed down so the store can make some money off of them. While the clearance rack does not offer as much selection, it is still worth taking a look because you may be able to find something that your kids like and fit in.
- Use coupons: You can find coupon deals to save money on clothes, especially from many online retailers. Find some great deals from online coupon directories, which can give you exclusive coupon deals from certain retailers. Couponwind.com is an online coupon directory website that offers deals, discounts, and redeemable coupon codes to users that are available from several different online stores with notable names in children’s and teens’ fashion such as Children’s Place, Aeropostale, and Levi’s as well as many independent discount online retailers. You will want to check coupon code sites like Couponwind often because some of the codes are time sensitive whereas others are offered as long term discounts.
- Overstock stores: Overstock stores such as Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, Stein Mart, and T.J. Maxx offer high end brand name fashions for much less than you would find in your average mall department store for the entire family. If you want your kids to have the best for much less, this is the route you will want to go. These shops all sell clothing, shoes, and accessories, making it a great place to get all of your shopping done all at once.
- Sign up for your favorite stores email list: Getting an email subscription or a membership to your favorite stores can result in regular discounts for your loyalty. Over time these discounts can add up to hundreds of dollars saved. Signing up for an email list or loyalty card at your favorite stores to shop at with your kids will increase your savings since you have to shop more frequently for children than adults.
These 5 helpful tips can help you save money and still send your children off to school in style. Make the most of your budget by shopping smarter when you are updating your kid’s wardrobe this year. You can have your kids look their best while heading to school and still have extra money left over for the school supplies that they need.
Photo courtesy of Kelly on Flickr.